|Length:||25.29m / feet|
|Beam:||5.61 / 18.41 feet|
|Max Draft:||1.67 / 5.48 feet|
|Cruising Speed:||14 knots|
|Max Speed:||18 knots|
|Engines:||2 x Detroit Diesel 12V71TI 650hp|
|Location:||United States, Fort Myers|
BURGER SERENITY Yacht for Sale
The 23.8m / 78'1 custom Motor yacht 'Serenity was built by Burger. This luxury vessel's sophisticated exterior design and engineering are the work of Sparkman & Stephens. Previously named Electra (Silver Seas, & Harvest Moon). Her exterior is styled by the Sparkman & Stephens team who are also responsible for the entire engineering package.
Serenity withstood damage during Hurricane Ian. A 9' storm surge lifted the boat over a concrete dock, and it rolled off the dock and floated on the other side. Water came in both engine room air intakes, but the boat floated. Struts, rudders, propellers, stabilizers, and exhaust cowlings were damaged. The TNT platform was ripped off of its brackets under the original Burger swim platform. The boat has been hauled out of the water since January; all of the above damage has been repaired, a new phasor generator is being installed, and Serenity is getting a whole new paint and varnish job.
The boat was purchased in January 2022 after both transmissions were rebuilt and was run to Sanibel, Florida, without an issue. Prior to Hurricane Ian, the boat was used on the west coast of Florida without any problems. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a Burger motor yacht with a factory cockpit with all running gear rebuilt or replaced and stabilizer actuators rebuilt.
Key Features on this Beautiful Burger Classic Motor yacht
The 23.8m / 78'1 custom Motor yacht 'Serenity was built by Burger. This luxury vessel's sophisticated exterior design and engineering are the work of Sparkman & Stephens. Previously named Electra, (Silver Seas, Harvest Moon) Her exterior is styled by the Sparkman & Stephens team who are also responsible for the entire engineering package.
- Serenity was previously owned by the Naval Academy Sailing Foundation for 7 years and lightly used. Current owner purchased the yacht in 2021 and did extensive hull and engine surveys including audioguage of the bottom and opening and inspecting water tank, black water and grey water tanks.
- The engine and generators were tuned up in accordance with the survey recommendations and both twin disk MG 514 transmissions were completely rebuilt. Various other systems were rebuilt and air conditioning compressors were replaced.
- Serenity was cruised successfully from Annapolis, MD through the keys and on to Sanibel, FL.
- Serenity is a 78' Burger cockpit motor yacht to which a TNT platform was added to the swim platform. The hull was extended under the swim platform to support the TNT platform; however, the TNT platform and tender were broken off during the hurricane, so there is no TNT platform now, but the brackets are still there.
- Both main engines were replaced in 2001 utilizing the original transmissions
- 2 X 20KW Onans replaced in 1999, however, these were damaged during Hurricane Ian, and the owner is looking into making one good one out of 2 and installing a brand new 20kW phasor generator
- 3 staterooms aft with ensuite heads plus 3 crew forward
- Bow Thruster and Naiad Stabilizers
- The exterior was painted about 7 years ago and still looks presentable, however, will need touch-up from hurricane damage.
- The original boat deck davit was removed when the TNT platform was added for a tender. The original tender area on the boat deck has been enclosed with railings and is now a safe open-air lounge area with a bbq grille complementing the covered flybridge.
Accommodation & Walkthrough
Serenity is a 78’ Burger flybridge cruiser. She resembles the classic style of the 1930’s Wall street commuters, but with all the amenities of a modern yacht. This is a rare Burger with a factory cockpit, not an add on, so propellers and rudders are in the proper location.
- She can be boarded from a floating dock from the swim platform and cockpit, or a midship from a boarding ladder.
- Once on the main deck there is easy access to the foredeck seating area and the trunk cabin sunning area (much safer than many yachts because its about 4’ above the main deck). From the side deck the aft saloon can be entered from the wing doors, port and starboard, or the sliding pilothouse doors. There are stairs from the pilot house to the well equipped flybridge.
- A few steps down and forward from the pilothouse is the lower saloon which can be used for dining.
- Next forward is the galley and crew quarters for two/three and engine room access and washer and dryer.
- Aft in the lower saloon down, using a gradual set of steps are the guests staterooms. The master stateroom is all the way aft with a centerline king berth with ensuite head. Forward on either side of the passage way are two over size twin bed guest staterooms with ensuite heads. The starboard guest stateroom head has a second door to serve as a dayhead. The original rich walnut joiner work is still in good condition.
- Layout diagram is attached
- Aft L lounge seating port and starboard sides with 2 hi-low cocktail tables.
- Desk forward to port
- All the way forward on center is a bar with a power lift TV
- Port and starboard wing doors
- Center stern companionway to cockpit with two large sliding windows Port and starboard center sliding windows.
- The upper saloon opens up to lots of fresh air via the wing doors, side and stern sliding windows.
Galley: located forward and on the same level as the lower saloon.
- Teak and holly high gloss sole,
- GE Profile 4 burner cooktop with oven
- KitchenAid dishwasher
- KitchenAid refrigerator/freezer
- Large stainless sink
- (1) Master King Stateroom with Ensuite Head
- (2) Oversized Twin Staterooms with Ensuite Heads
On Deck Exterior Features
- Flag Blue hull, Awlgrip in above average condition
- Cockpit deck is teak and was replaced in 2007
- Foredeck and side decks are original Burger fiberglass decks
- Ideal anchor windlass
- Viking 6 man canister life raft certified till 6/2021
- Ideal warping winch in cockpit
- Transom door
- 110lb Bruce anchor with 300' chain
- spare 20' chain and 300' anchor rode
- Mast on flybridge folds to an air draft of about 19'
- Spare propellers (2) mounted in the cockpit lazarette - $25000 value
- Spare shafts (2) mounted in the cockpit lazarette - $20000 value
- Lexan storm covers for trunk cabin side windows with fasteners installed. (Used for Fort Lauderdale to St Thomas trips ) $20,000 value
Fly Bridge Features
- Accessed from the pilothouse via a very user friendly safe ladder
- Ladder back varnished helm and companion seat
- Dinghy re-located to the hydraulic swim deck allowing plenty of space for lounging
- Fire Magic Grille Refurbished 05/22
- Table and L lounge seating
- Bimini Top
Engine Room and Mechanical Features
- In 2001 this boat as Silver Seas was delivered to Rybovich in West Palm Beach to have both main engines removed and replaced. The original 12V71's had about 10,000-12,000 hours on them at the time according to her then captain. Records show that the current motors have slightly less than 5,000 running hours.
- Twin Disc gear boxes Rebuilt 03/22
- Dual Racor fuel filters
- Groco Sea strainers
- Wagner steering system
- Naiad 252 stabilizers with 9 sq ft fins
- Cruisair air conditioning system: 7X 12,000BTU, 1X 16,000BTU, 1X 20,000BTU, SMXII controls. Compressors have been replaced over the years.
- Spectra Ultra Whisper water maker 400 GPD Renewed 05/22
- Fuel polishing and transfer system
- (2) 40 gallon hot water heaters
- Wesmar DC bow thruster added 2007
- Glendinning engine synchronizer
- Work bench with large tool box
- Halex fire suppression system serviced 04/22
- (9) ABC Fire Extinguishers serviced 04/22
Pilothouse Electronics and Features
- Port & Starboard side deck access doors
- Bench seat/watch berth
- Kahlenberg air horns and whistle control
- Carlyle & Finch search light
- 2 Furuno radars 72 mile and 48 mile
- Furuno Nav Net cgart plotter in pilothouse and F/B
- Garmin GPS plotter 4212 on fly bridge
- Garmin GMI 10 multi function on F/B
- Danforth Constellation compass in pilothouse and fly bridge
- Simrad AP300 auto pilot with fly bridge remote
- Robertson rudder angle indicator
- ICOM M-127 vhf IN PILOTHOUSE
- Icom M-422 vhf on flybridge
- Standard Horizon VHF/DSC/AIS on fly bridge
- Standard Horizon VHF/DSC/AIS in pilothouse NEW 5/22
- SARSAT EPIRB
Located forward of the lower saloon/galley and down a few steps is the engine room entrance. At the bottom of the companionway is the washer and dryer aft of the crew lounge area. Going forward is the crew head to starboard and stall shower to port. Next forward are two lower v berths with closed closets and storage. The crew lounge area can also double as a 3rd crew bunk.
Electrical/ Primary Systems
- (2) 20 KW Onan generators new in 1999 with 7,000 and 7,200 hours - - undergoing repair
- Fail-Safe Max galvanic isolator
- Charles C-power Isoboost 100 transformer
- 48V independent batteries and charger for thruster
- Dometic Sentry 32v 30 amp battery charger
- Newmar PHD-25 12v battery charger
- Mastervolt 12v 25 amp battery charger for fly bridge
- Shore power is a single 100amp or 2 50amp cords hook up on the port or starboard side forward of the pilothouse.
SERENITY sustained damage at the marina during Hurricane Ian. A 9’ storm surge carried the boat over a concrete dock, damaging some running gear, and she came down on the other side floating because of four watertight bulkheads and superior Burger construction, where most other boats sank. She is hauled out of the water (see last photo), and repairs are being made. The TNT platform was broken off and lost with the tender and will not be replaced. Repairs should be completed by April, and she will be resurveyed in better condition than she was before the hurricane.
6/15/23 Repair Update: Propeller shafts have been straightened and reinstalled with new bearings. One bent strut has been straightened, bent rudders have been reinstalled, the damaged swim platform has been repaired, and both stabilizer actuators have been rebuilt, and new fins have been installed.
07/19/23 Repair Update: A new paint and varnish job is in progress.