|PALMER JOHNSON Specifications|
|Length:||51.13m / feet|
|Beam:||8.64 / 28.35 feet|
|Cruising Speed:||13 knots|
|Max Speed:||14 knots|
|Location:||United States, Fort Lauderdale|
PALMER JOHNSON HELIOS 2 Yacht for Sale
- Displacement Motor Yacht
- Palmer Johnson
- Sparkman & Stephens
- Sparkman & Stephens
- Patrick Knowles Designs
- Lloyd's Register (+100A1 SSC Mono Yacht G6, LMC), MCA (ISM voluntary compliance)
- Aluminium Hull & Superstructure
- Teak Decks
- Up to 12
- Cayman Islands
- 2 x 746 kW (1,000 Hp) Caterpillar 3508B
- Approx. 453 tons fully loaded
- 51.13m / 167' 9"
- 46.94m / 154' 0"
- 8.64m / 28' 4"
- 2.44m / 8' 0" min
- 2.59m / 8' 6" max
SPEED & RANGE UNDER POWER
- 14.80 knots
- 13.00 knots
- 12.00 knots
- 2,000nm at 14.80 knots
- 3,100nm at 13.00 knots
- 4,000nm at 12.00 knots
- 455 litres/hour (120 US gallons) at 14.80 knots
- 364 litres/hour (96 US gallons) at 13.00 knots
- 273 litres/hour (72 US gallons) at 12.00 knots
- 10+4 guests in 5 cabin(s)
- Up to 12 crew in 6 cabin(s)
- 76,800 litres / 20,288 US gallons
- 17,000 litres / 4,491 US gallons
- 803 litres / 212 US gallons
- 1,136 litres / 300 US gallons
- 4,542 litres / 1,200 US gallons
- HELIOS 2 sleeps 10 to 14 guests in 5 staterooms and 10 crew in 5 crew cabins, plus 2 in Captain’s cabin for a total of 12 crew.
- The interior is finished in a semi-gloss Anigre. The entire interior of HELIOS 2 has a calm and quiet, modern, and clean look with great accents and symmetry throughout.
- Main Salon Headroom: 82”/ 2.11m.
- Master Stateroom Headroom: 82” / 2.11m Guest Area Headroom: 83” / 2.12m.
- The spacious sun deck, covered in part by a fixed hardtop for shade, has a spa pool forward surrounded by sun beds, followed by exercise equipment artfully built in on each outboard side of the stack, with a BBQ on port side. There is a full height door in the stack, allowing access to a central staircase down through the entire ship. Aft of the stack, there is a settee with loose furniture and a teak coffee table, a bar with BBQ and stools is further aft. There is a flip down plasma TV positioned towards the bar or exercise machines and an outdoor shower. There are teak chaise lounge chairs surrounding a lovely built-in U-shaped seating area aft to starboard. Overhead an inventive mesh awning stretches from the mast and can cover the entire space on four permanent supports.
- The pilothouse has a raised settee with seating for four, leather cushions, and a Daino Reale marble table mounted on a stainless-steel pedestal. With a varnished teak and maple sole, 2 Stidd helm seats and a central chart island, the pilothouse is very spacious and inviting for owners and guests as well as working crew.
- Aft to port is the captain’s cabin with double berth outboard, desk area, ample hanging locker space and an ensuite bathroom aft.
- A day bathroom is off the central foyer area adjacent to the staircase up and down.
- The sky lounge, finished in anigre and completely rebuilt in 2007, has a very comfortable seating area aft to port, a computer station is opposite to starboard and is finished with supple fabrics giving the room texture, dimension, and warmth. An entertainment center is on the centerline forward and there is a bar with three stools in the aft port corner.
- Double doors lead out to the delightful bridge deck dining area which has a teak dining table seating 10, and numerous “Dedon Lounge Collection” sectional pieces, which combine to form an inviting lounge and entertaining area ahead of the tender and toy storage area which is serviced by a centerline 5000lb crane aft.
- Entry into the full-width Master Stateroom is through the owner’s private study which has a desk outboard and storage locker inboard. In the master stateroom there is a king size bed centerline and a seating area with chaise lounge and an easy chair to starboard, with a vanity area opposite to port. An entertainment center is centered on the aft bulkhead. The master bathroom, aft to port, has double sinks, and a separate enclosed toilet and shower with a bathtub outboard. There are extensive walk-in wardrobes across the forward part of the master stateroom.
- There is a crew passage way across the ship, ahead of the galley, and a passageway aft to the main deck foyer. A day bathroom is adjacent the main deck foyer.
- The galley to port is properly laid out and equipped with commercial equipment and a serving pantry is aft in the galley area. In 2011 the galley was stripped, and all new kitchen appliances were added. In 2013 a completely new refrigeration system was installed and in 2019 two new ovens and cook tops were added along with a new U/C refrigerator.
- The main deck foyer has a central staircase through the entire ship on every deck with access from the lower deck accommodations all the way to the sun deck.
- The dining room, which is open to the main salon, is immediately off the main deck foyer, and seats 12 guests comfortably around a rectangular dining table. There is extensive china, crystal, and silverware storage both sides.
- The main salon has an L-Shaped seating area to port and an additional seating area to starboard. There is a game table aft on the port side and access out to the aft deck on the centerline.
- On the beautiful aft deck, which has sliding glass windows both sides and curtains aft, it is possible because of this versatility, to enjoy air-conditioned comfort or cool ocean breezes with the windows open and the air conditioning off. There is comfortable seating on two couches to port, with storage areas nearby, or around the solid teak table that seats 12. A walk-up bar with sink, refrigerator and icemaker is on the starboard side. There is also a staircase down on the starboard side, exiting the yacht at the waterline level aft of amidships for easy access to the tenders alongside the ship.
- HELIOS 2 has a reverse transom with a starboard staircase down to the spacious swim platform, which is a perfect area for launching water sports expeditions. This area includes a dive locker.
- The crew quarters are aft of the chain locker, accessed through a private stairway from the main deck crew passageway.
- There are four crew cabins forward, each with twin upper and lower berths and ensuite bathrooms with stall showers. The engineer’s cabin with two berths, hanging locker storage, desk and ensuite bathroom with stall shower is aft, adjacent the control room.
- The crew mess is aft to port with a small crew galley and a laundry room is opposite to starboard.
- The four guest staterooms, located amidship in the most comfortable part of the ship, are all oversized and extremely comfortable.
- The two forward queen staterooms have queen berths located athwartships with settees aft, desk/vanity areas inboard and bathrooms with twin vanity sinks and stall showers forward.
- The two twin bed staterooms, located further aft, can be made into king-size staterooms by rearranging the night tables and chairs to lock the berths into place. In addition, these twin guest staterooms each have two pullman berths. Each guest stateroom has an ensuite head with shower, excellent storage, and an escape route.
- The engine room is further aft, with the engineer’s cabin aft to port and the control room opposite to starboard. Engineer’s cabin had a complete refurbishment in 2013 including new lighting, flooring, and mattress. The carpeting is new as of October 2022.
- The lazarette with water sports storage areas, dive equipment storage and work areas is all the way aft with access out a Freeman door to the wide swim platform.
- 1 x Starboard: 746 kW (1,000 Hp) Caterpillar 3508B
- 1 x Port: 746 kW (1,000 Hp) Caterpillar 3508B
- 1 x 160 kW (215 Hp) Northern Lights (Port)
- 1 x 130 kW (174 Hp) Northern Lights (Starboard)
- Port: 18,822 hours as of 30th Apr 2023
- Starboard: 20,080 hours as of 30th Apr 2023
- 1 x 65 kW (87 Hp) Northern Lights
EMERGENCY GEN. HOURS
- 342 hours as of 30th Apr 2023
- Quantum QC 1200 Zero Speed
- Atals Imperial Classic 100 kVa
- 2 x Lips 5-bladed SClass props 49" x 47" nickel/aluminium/bronze
- ZF Marine Propulsion Systems BW 365 with 3.08 to 1 gear ratio
- Quantum QT200 hydraulic, de-rated to 130 Hp
- 2 x Sea Rocovery Global 27,252 litres / 7,200 US gallons per day total
- Grundfoss water pressure system
- HEM Silver Ion and UV sterilization
- Aqua Pure 5-micron system
- Completely new Caterpillar system & heads 2011
- Rubber Design
- Quantum Marine QIS 160 Central Hydraulic unit System
- 2 x Electro-hydraulic power packs running off of the ship's electrical system provide up to 40 HP while main engines are off
- 2 x Main engine PTOs provide up to 150 HP with engines on, can power most of the ship's hydraulics simultaneously
- 2 x stainless steel propeller shafts; each 4" x 16'
- New bearings 2019 and props balanced (2019)
- 2 x Cowl mufflers with 10" intakes and 12" discharge.
- 2 x custom strainers; 12" in diameter, 54" high
- 2 x Lips 5 bladed S-Class props
- Nickel/aluminum/bronze; 49" x 47" Rudders 2 x stainless steel, 57"x 43"
- 8 x Zincs on bow thruster gratings 12 in sea chests
- 22 x 6" Anodes zincs in pockets on the hull
- 2 x Zincs on each rudder
- Imtech ship's monitoring system
- Ricom 3000
- Atlas ShorePower Classic 100 kVa shore power system
- 208/110v AC, 60hz 3-phase power throughout
- 2 x 24V, D-8, AGM gel cell, engine start on each main engine
- 2 x 24V, D-4 AGM for each main generator
- 4 x 24V, D-4 AGM for emergency generator 2 x 24-volt D-8 AGM house
- 2 x 24V D-8 AGM emergency board new batteries January 2023
- 5 x 50-amp Mastervolt
- 2 x Mastervolt: 1 x engine room, 1 x emergency generator room
- Perko Battery Parallel Switch
- 24-volt DC system, Imtech main ship's electrical panel
- Ship's main lighting and emergency lighting controlled through a Lutron system.
- Portions of the vessel have been upgraded with LED lighting
- Main ship's electrical protection provided by transformers and inverters
- Navigation equipment and the ship's A/V system protected by dedicated UPS
- Atlas 100kva
- Imtech and Atlas
- Imtech and Atlas
- 47" X 28" Snap-on
- Dometic, 60-ton chiller plant 2019
- 43 air handlers throughout New make-up air units 2019
- Make-up air handlers forward of bridge, Balanced
- Quincy QC25
- Alfa Laval MIB305S-13
- Racor triplex filter bank on each main engine
- Racor duplex filter bank on each main generator
- Racor on emergency generator and rescue boat crane's emergency power supply
- Palmer Johnson designed built-in transfer system.
- Palmer Johnson custom fuel manifold
- 3" pipe system from filler fitting to tanks (extremely fast fill and transfer)
OILY WATER SEPARATOR
- Mini Boss 110 Deckma Oil Content Meter
- 3 x Oberdorfer Rotary Gear Pumps
OIL PRESSURE ALARM
- Headhunter Tidal Wave HMX
- Headhunter Royal Flush
- 6 x Aluminum fuel tanks. Cleaned 2021
- 540-gallon aluminum holding tank
- All water, Ballast, Tanks completely Sand blasted and coated (2021)
- 2 x Polished, stainless steel, 600 lb. stockless
- Stainless steel anchor pockets
- 6" stainless steel hawse pipes
- 3" stainless steel spurling pipes with polished stainless cowlings
- 450 feet of 19mm chain (2011)
- Bow anchor light mounted on removable, stainless jackstaff
- 2 x 15,000 lb. stainless steel Muir with warping capstans
AFT WARPING CAPSTANS
- Nautical Structures EZ4500 DEX SOLAS
- 2 x 800 lb. capacity UMT electric crane, can be removed for stowage
- 2 x Boarding gates in each main deck gangway
- 1 x Boarding stair on starboard side of aft deck allows guests to descend stairs inside of boat, then step aboard smaller vessel alongside
- Marquipt 7-step Pilot ladder fits in all boarding gates and boarding stairs entrance
- Nautical Structures; rotates, lifts, and extends to 22'
- Raised, watertight hatch on foredeck for access to chain locker
- Flush mounted, teak covered hatch on aft deck for access to tender boarding stairs
- Med Style Transom with Freeman Door
- 9 x Watertight bulkheads
- 3 x Bulkheads fitted with automatic Winnell sliding watertight doors
- 2 x Other bulkheads feature hinged watertight doors
- All watertight doors Lloyd's and MCA approved
- 2 x spigots attached to Ship's fresh water system
- B & G repeater on aft deck with speed, distance, depth, Indicator etc.
- Full Awlgrip Polyurethane Paint System by Pinmar
- Hull (2019), White (2019), Silver (2013)
- Custom impact resistant flybridge glass windscreen
- 2 x Carlisle & Finch 500-watt Xenon
CENTRAL SHIP’S AUDIO
- Central Kaleidescape System
- 9 x Kaleidescape players distributing AV throughout
- 11 x iPad controls, Crestron in each zone
- Sat TV, Airplay throughout
AUDIO VISUAL SYSTEM
- Integrated Ship’s A/V System
- Designed & installed by Triton Technical
GALLEY & LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
- (All equipment new 2011)
- Viking VSOE530SS 30" Convection Oven
- Range Viking Induction 36” VICU266
- Miele Electric BBQ CS1312
- Microwave Bosch Super Silence Plus
- 2 x Cospolich full-height reach-in (new 2013)
- 2 x Gosploich reach-in freezer (new 2013)
- 1 x Perlick, 1 x Uline U/C Refrigerators
- 1 x Single tub stainless sink
- 1 x Double stainless-steel sink with stainless steel drying rack
- G SM 85 Sprint E Coffee Machine
- Espresso Machine
- 4 x InSinkErator Hot Water Dispensers, 1 x in each sink
- Scotsman SCCG50 50 Lb. Gourmet Ice Machine
- 2 x 1-HP InSinkrators Garbage Disposal, 1 x in each sink
- KitchenAid Compactor
- Countertops Rio classic granite
- Fire System Notifier Fire and Heat Detection System connected to ship’s integrated alarm system
- 3 x Miele front-loading Washers (2021)
- 3 x Miele front-loading Dryers (2021)
SECURITY & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- 4 x Sea Safe SOLAS life rafts 25-person 2018
- 8 x 30” life rings (2 x smoke/light, 2 x light buoy, 4 x 75’ throwing line)
- 2 x ACR RLB-35 Global Fix EPIRBS
- Flares: 18 x rocket, 11 x handheld, 7 x smoke, 2 x parachute
- Kahlenberg T-3 Airhorn
- Link 10 Battery Alarm
- MedAire Category A for 12 months up to 20 persons
- MCA approved stores
- Heartsine Samaritan Defibrillator
- Medical O2 Tank
- Ship wide Fire and Heat Detection System
- 3 x Sets of fireman’s outfits with 3 Scott 2.2 breathing apparatus
- Portable CO2 extinguishers: 1 x 2kg, 2 x 20 lbs
- Fire Extinguishers: 25 x 5 lbs. dry powder, 2 x 20 lbs. dry powder, 1 x 6l foam, 1 x 1kf powder portable
- Xirex Smoke Alarm in MCA and Lloyd's approved gasoline storage locker Water Temp Alarm
- Caddex Fire and Heat Detection System connected to ship's integrated alarm system
- Marioff Hi Fog SPAU 3+1
- Bilge Alarm Ricom Alarm System
- Flow Max Bilge Pump model FM15-5.5 attached to 2" bilge main
- Milestone XProtect Server CCTV
- 7 x Axis M5522E PTZ Network Cameras
- Digital Watchdog MEGApix 3MP PTZ IP Camera
- Monitors in Crew Mess, Engine Control Room, and Bridge
- Ship’s Safe Brinks Key operated
- Caddex burglar alarm and Wynell Door Alarms
TENDERS & WATERSPORTS EQUIPMENT
- 1 x 6.71m / 22’ Novurania rescue boat certified for yacht over 500 tons Yamaha 4 stroke 115hp (new paint, engine and pontoon 2023)
- Brownie's Yacht Pro YP45DF Dive Compressor
- True M-30 Treadmill (2021)
- Precor 2.21 Elliptical
- MM1 Hi-Rise Water Rower
REFIT & MAINTENANCE NOTES
- Below is a list of upgrades and major maintenance projects since 2017.
- Lloyds Intermediate Special BTMS Survey Completed
- Paint touch ups and repairs
- Application of a protective sio2 infused polymer ceramic coating to the exterior painted surfaces to renew and extend the life of the paint
- Sand-out of all exterior teak decks
- Application of6-coats of varnish to all capping rails
- Novurania Q560 Rescue Boat: All new paint, new Yamaha 4-stroke 115 hp engine (0 hours), new pontoon
- New undercounter refrigerator installed in lower pantry
- Painting of engines and engine room
- New overhead panels in the sky lounge
- New overhead panels in the forward crew cabins
- New mattresses in the forward two crew cabins
- New wallpaper in the crew cabins
- New carpet in the master stateroom, owners’ office, lower foyer, stair cases, dining room, and main salon
- Lloyds 20-year special survey completed
- Application of anti-fouling paint, Prop Speed, and anodes
- Black & Grey water tanks interior sandblasting and new epoxy coating
- New stone countertops on exterior countertops, sky lounge, upper pantry, and wheelhouse
- New ice maker and refrigerator installed on the bridge aft deck
- Overhaul of all 4 x stabilizer fins and associated components
- Top end, in frame rebuilds and 8,000 hours service of port and starboard generators
- Bow thruster removal rebuild
- Resurfacing of the varnished floors in the wheelhouse and captain’s cabin
- Navigation equipment refit including all new Gyro Compass, X-Band & S-Band Radars, Auto Pilot & Steering System, 1 x GPS, 1 x VHF Radio, 1 x SSB Radio
- Custom fabrication and installation of new main engines exhaust mufflers including all new thermal blankets
- Custom fabrication of new exhaust piping and thermal blankets for the main engine exhaust and generator exhausts
- Communications upgrades include installation of the Marine Version of Starlink and a new 5G cellular data Pepwave system
- New networked security camera system with digital server / video recorder
- 3 x New Miele washers and dryers
- Upgrade of the Diesel Particulate Filters control panels
- Crew mess refit with new TV’s and upholstery
- Crew cabin updates with new mattresses and carpets
- New Treadmill, elliptical machine and rowing machine
- Complete overhaul and rebuild of both main engine ZF gear boxes
- New Snap-On tool box for the lazarette
- New galley dishwasher
- New galley ovens and cook tops
- Complete overhaul and 5-year inspection of the rescue boat crane
- 2 x GPS and 1 x Sat C Terminal
- New Wine refrigerator in main salon
- New aft main deck undercounter refrigerator
- All new LED lighting in the engine room, lazarette and control room
- Custom fabrication and installation of stainless-steel rub rail chafe guards
- New exterior paint, all white, blue and red sections re-painted with Awlgrip
- Application of anti-fouling paint, Prop Speed, and anodes
- Application of ceramic coating to the aft port and starboard hull quarters to protect the paint from exhaust staining
- New Dometic air conditioning chiller plant
- New isolation valves for each air handler
- Running gear removed, inspected, and reinstalled with new seals and bearings
- New Headhunter waste treatment plant
- 2 x Headhunter freshwater pumps
- Replacement of all bilge pump valves
- Fabrication and installation of a new watertight ceiling in the master stateroom
- Epoxy lining applied to fresh water pipes
- Overhaul of Stabilizers
- Overhaul of both anchor windlasses
- Main engine overhaul
- Install new clutches and seals
- Integration of the HVAC system into the Crestron and iPad controls
- Installation of a tank monitoring system
- Installation of a Lutron lighting control system
- Fabrication and installation of 2 x new sea chests
- Application of anti-fouling paint, Prop Speed, and anodes
- All new fan coil / air handler units throughout the vessel
- Generator exhaust diesel particulate filtering system “Sea Clean”
- New Atlas shore power converter
- 2 x New water makers
- Overhaul of stabilizers
- Top end overhaul of both generators
- New AC system
- New generator exhaust cleaning system
- New water makers
- New carpet on the main deck
- New upholstery in the salon
- New soft goods in the master stateroom and guests staterooms
HELIOS 2 was originally built by a very knowledgeable yachtsman looking for the safest family yacht available. After investing over $30 million in the original construction in 2000/2002, a spectacular yacht was delivered. Since 2017 her present owner has continued to professionally maintain and extensively upgrade the vessel to the highest standards.
HELIOS 2 offers a flexible 5 stateroom layout with two king berth staterooms that convert to 3 single berths each for families with children or single adults. Her Anigre interior is spacious and bright. The sun deck is spectacular and offers multiple seating and lounging options including jacuzzi with sun pad surround. The aft deck is also uniquely well configured with dining table and comfortable social seating in an air conditioned or open air environment depending on conditions. Offering three different dining table options HELIOS 2 guests can enjoy formal or informal dining inside or outside.
While HELIOS 2 offers a large swim platform for easy access to the water she additionally has one of the most attractive features on a 51 meter vessel for owner and guest comfort and safety for tender boarding. Designed with an inside stairway that allows guests to literally step directly into the tender from a water level side shell door. The safety and ease of boarding a tender in this manner from a protected hull side access cannot be understated.
HELIOS 2 offers a rare combination of traditional styling, unrivaled design and builder pedigree and extraordinary condition. It is hard to imagine a more comfortable and flexible layout on a vessel of her size or a vessel of her age in better condition. She is offered seriously for sale by a motivated seller.
- 5 x Large owner/guest staterooms sleeping up to 14 guests
- MCA certified
- Large extremely appealing sun deck
- Airconditioned aft deck
- 555GT offers an extremely comfortable interior for her size
- Easy side shell door tender access
- Remarkable condition with fastidious maintenance history