|SOUTHERN OCEAN Spécifications|
|Type de bien:||Cruising Ketch|
|Année de construction:||1985|
|Matériau de la coque:||Fiberglass|
|Longueur:||24.38m / feet|
|Vitesse de croisière:||8 knots|
|Vitesse max:||10 knots|
|Design extérieur:||Doug Peterson|
|[Interior Design]:||Andrew Winch/ Bannenburg|
|Region:||United States, Belfast|
SOUTHERN OCEAN TOO ELUSIVE Yacht à Vendre
Demandez des renseignements
Too Elusive is an outstanding ocean cruising sailing vessel designed by Doug Peterson. The hull design and vessel number one of this series of sailing yachts were built by Southern Ocean Shipyards for the Around the World race; all her sister ships have proven their world cruising and racing heritage. Built to Lloyds 100 A class she has the strength to go anywhere and the ability to enjoy day sailing and racing.
For the past 12 years Too Elusive has been sailed 5 months out of 12 and kept in a heated shed when not sailing. Please keep this in mind with regards to use during the past 12 years and the upgrades and replacement of equipment during the winter months.
Too Elusive has been owned by a renowned sailor and cruised with his family extensively. During the past 12 years, she has been sailed in the summers for 5 months in New England and kept at Front Street Shipyard in Belfast, Maine in a heated shed during winters. During the 2012-2013 winter she had an extensive refit. She was fully repainted in flag blue Awlgrip, and a shoe was installed on the keel. Several mechanical upgrades were made on TOO ELUSIVE, most significantly her steering system and rudder bearings. Her aft cabin had a complete rebuild while most of the main salon also was rebuilt, removing and rebuilding including crafting, overheads, and replacing all the wood. The nav station was updated and new electronics were installed.
Additionally, her rigging was given a facelift with new paint on her main and mizzen masts. Front Street’s riggers replaced much of her running rigging and some of her standing rigging. Finally, she was outfitted with all new sails. Too Elusive’s ketch rig makes her easy to sail in all conditions and allows her to be handled by a small crew. Her sails can be balanced to match all weather conditions, she is a safe, seaworthy, world sailing vessel that is seakindly in adverse conditions and a pleasure to sail.
Too Elusive's unique split-level saloon design makes it very easy to move from the interior to the cockpit, this increases safety for children and pets to move from the inside to outside and vice versa.
• GE convection/ microwave oven replaced 2014
• Large refrigerator with holding plates, to top loading doors and one side loading door.
• Extra-large freezer with holding plates, four top loading doors.
• All plates and compressors new in 2014-Grunert/Dometic system.
• Gas BBQ, Magma-Catalina, all stainless steel, new 2020
Electronics and Navigation
• 1 x Icom ICM604, in cockpit, new 2014
• 1 x Icom M59 at Nav desk
• 1 x Icom ICM 710 SSB, at Nav desk, new 2014
• Danforth Constellation 6” compass at helm
• Fluxgate compass, Simrad & C42N connected to Nav equipment 2013
• Radar, Furuno model 1835 75 mile with ARPA
• Radar, Garmin digital, 72-mile, model 24XHD 2014 at helm
• 10’ Garmin glass screen 8000, multi-function display, plotter/radar at helm-new 2014
• 1 12” Garmin 8000 series in cockpit, New 2014
• 1 15” Garmin 8000 series at nav station, New 2014
• B&G Multifunction Display model 8300
• B&G wind angle with wind speed, wind angle and magnified wind angle
• B&G wind speed
• Garmin AIS 600
• KVH Sat TV
• 2 x 50-amp cord, split, one for air conditioner feed, one for main house service.
• Northern Lights 25 kw gen set with 8622.5 hours as of 8/10/2021, 5000 hours valve service and gen end checked.
• Installed 2012 SN: 8642-47038C
• Kohler 9 kw, 6410 hours 8/10/2021, will service all house systems but AC system.
• 2x Victron multi plus 24v/3000/701 inverter charger. New 2020
• 2 x Master volt charges 24/100 amp
• Auxiliary 24-volt alternator for house bank off main engine for house bank plus engine start alternator with Belmar controller
• Auxiliary 24-volt alternator for house bank off 25 kw gen set, plus engine start alternator with Belmar controller
• 16 x 6-volt AMG DC400-6 group: L16, 20 hr. rated: 415-amp hour “Fall River Batteries" new 2020. House bank has total of 1800 amp hours and will operate sailing system and basic house systems for over 4 days.
• Victron BMV 801 battery monitor
• Victron digital Multi control inverter/charger monitor new 2020
• 1 x Charles Boost transformer
• All major lighting replaced with LED in 2011
Mechanical and Plumbing
• Oil changed every 200 hours
• Estimated fuel burn at 2400 rpm @ 8.5 knots 5 gal per hour, range at 8 knots estimate 1350 NM
• There is an older spare main engine in working condition in storage.
• Sea Recovery 800 GPD
• 5 x heads, Head Hunter Royal Flush
• 5 x showers- all diverters replaced-
• 8 Marine Cruise Air AC/ Heat, with independent controls and heating- new 2013
• 2 x washer/dryers, front loading Splendide combi system
• Rule 24v light de-watering pumps in all major bilge spaces
• Engine driven bilge pump in all major bilge spaces
• Hot water tank, 40-gal, A. O. Smith electric, supplies galley and Master stateroom
• Hot water tank, 60-gal stainless custom tank with Ogden fast recovery heating element. Supplies guests and crew
• Sea water wash down on foredeck
• Fresh water hose bib on foredeck
• Fresh water hose bib on aft deck
• 2x Head Hunter 24-volt 3/4 hp Jet pumps model BA 36485330-9-56J, one pump supplies fresh water to house system one to head system. There is a cross over valve.
• Transfer pump for head tank to black water tank is Scott 24-volt 3/4 hp
• Macerator pump for direct overboard is Scott 24-volt 3/4 hp.
• At this time there is no deck discharge but there is room to install one.
• The whole head system was installed by Head Hunter in 2000
• Mamba 10 steering pedestal, completely rebuilt 2020, mechanical steering to rudder, all components replace 2020
• 3 blade Max propeller, removed and rebuilt by Max propeller 2017
• Shaft Spurs on main shaft
• Every cabin and interior guest area has access to Niles system and has Sonance “Merlot” overhead speakers. The
• cockpit has Bose waterproof speakers.
• Niles system consists of APC power controller
• Niles amplifier
• Anthem CMRX 520 receiver
• MSC 400 universal remote sensor
• WE entertainment system
• There are 2 x Sennheiser HDR 100 remote headphones
• TVs in all cabins, main saloon, and dining area
Sails and Gear
• Mizzen sail, fully battened, Doyle Ocean Weave
• Genoa, 150 Doyle Ocean Weave, new 2007
• Genoa 110 Doyle Ocean Weave, New 2013
• Staysail, Doyle Ocean Weave
• Mizzen Staysail Doyle Ocean Weave with sock
• MP, Doyle Ocean Weave with sock
• Over the last 10 years the sails were sent to Doyle for inspection and cleaning every year, up to 2020
• Mast and boom are built by Proctor masts.
• All masts and booms repainted 2012
• Main and mizzen booms both have Lazy Jack systems with sail support on both booms, Lazy Jacks were new in 2012
• In addition to the sails listed above there are older useable “delivery sails” in storage
• Carbon fiber / Kevlar running backstays with Harken air blocks new 2016
• Harken Multipoint main sheet traveler new 2016
• Antal spinnaker pole control new 2016
• Reckmann headsail furler, new 2012
• Carbon fiber spinnaker pole new 2017
• Aluminum spinnaker pole
• All standing rigging inspected each year during prep for winter storage and any issues found corrected.
• 2 x hydraulic Lewmar 88, 3 speed primaries aft, new 2007
• 1 x Lewmar 48, 2 speed main sheet winch in cockpit
• 4 x Lewmar 55, 2 speed running backstay and staysail sheet winches
• 2 x Navtec Hydraulic backstays, serviced 2017
• 1 x Navtec hydraulic boom vang
• Mizzen mast 2 x Lewmar 43
• Main mast 3 x Lewmar 55, 1 x Lewmar 65
• Awning that goes over boom and covers full cockpit
• Mainsail cover
• Mizzen cover
• Cockpit table cover
• Interior floor covers
• Interior table covers
• Teak sidedecks
• Cockpit cushions
• Cockpit table
• Swimming ladder
• Electric windlass
Windlass and Anchor Gear
• Chain, 300’ of Acco 1/2”
• Anchor CQR 140 kg
• Folding aluminum Danforth style anchor in Lazarette with 150’ of 1” 3 strand rode
• Spare CQR with bent tip in storage
Other Gear and Items
• Keel is steel with 14000 pounds of lead at bottom. Keel was fitted with steel shoe in 2013 to protect lead as the boat was hauled each winter. Steel plate of keel was audio gauged in 2018 and no wastage was found in any of the 8mm plate.
• Vessel had grounding under sail in 2020 with minor damage to lower front of keel. Vessel and damage was inspected by Mike Whitten, surveyors. Engine mounts checked and only damage found was to fairing on keel, and a mizzen spreader required repair. Damaged area was allowed to dry in heated shed during normal winter storage and area re-faired per surveyor.
2013 / 20134 Refit
• Hull topsides, fully sanded, repainted with Flag Blue Awlgrip and clear coated
• Master cabin and main saloon completely refit
• All new set of sails
• All new running rigging
• Main mast and mizzen mast repainted
• Hull and bottom repainted
• Steering system completely redone
• Engineered and installed new headsail foil, 2012/2013
• New Garmin electronics package installed at helm and nav station
• 1 x Life raft, 8 person Viking purchase 2019
• EPIRB 406 ACR Cat 1 auto deployment, Model LRB-41
• MOB, serviced 2020, next service 2022
• Life sling
• Various life jackets