|44.57m / feet
|8.76 / 28.74 feet
|2.79 / 9.15 feet
|2 x Caterpillar 3508B-DITA 950hp
|The Bahamas, Nassau
HAKVOORT BIG EASY Yacht for Sale
BIG EASY comfortably sleeps up to twelve guests in six bright and spacious staterooms. Her sleek interior of classic wood, neutral tones, and splashes of colorful soft furnishings is the work of the renowned studio Winch Design. The main salon is ample, offering a seating configuration perfect for entertaining, with an adjoining formal dining space for 12.
The general arrangement onboard features an impressive full-beam private master suite; located forward on the main deck with its own private lounge. BIG EASY has three queen staterooms and one convertible stateroom, allowing the option of two single twin beds or one king-sized bed. She has a sixth bunk cabin with twin beds. Each cabin is well-appointed, with en suite bathrooms and ample storage space.
Her attractive sundeck is a guest favorite area, featuring a large hot tub surrounded by sunbeds and multiple alfresco dining and lounge areas. Twin Caterpillar 950Hp engines give her a cruising speed of 12 knots with a range of 5,000 nautical miles, and her Quantum zero-speed stabilizers offer comfort when cruising.
Steel hull and aluminum superstructure with teak decks
Length Overall (L.O.A.): 146' 3" / 44.60m
Length at Waterline (L.W.L.): 129' 9" / 39.60m
Beam: 28' 9" / 8.80m
Draft: 9' 2" / 2.79m
Tonnage: 491 GRT
Displacement: 420 Short Tons
Fuel Capacity: 15,057 US Gallons / 56,997 liters
Water Capacity: 3,222 US Gallons / 12,197 liters
Watermakers: 7,600 US Gallons / 28,769 liters
Lube Oil: 333 US Gallons / 1,261 liters
Waste Oil: 407 US Gallons / 1,541 liters
Maximum: 14.0 knots @ 1,650 RPMCruising: 12.0 knots @ 1,375 RPM
|• 2 x Caterpillar Inboard Diesel 3508B-DITA, 950 Hp (Rebuilt 2022)
|Hours as of Jan 2024:
Port Main Total = 19,577
(Since total rebuild - 3,178)
Stbd Main Total = 19,570
(Since total rebuild - 3,161)
|Gearboxes for Main Engines:
|• Rentijes WAF542l 3.955 to 1 ratio
|• Stainless Steel 130MM
|• 5-Blade Bronze
Generators & Electricity
|• 400 output amps
• 2 x Northern Lights 115 kW generators
Hours as of Jan 2024:
Port Gen = 20,082
Stbd Gen = 17,766
|• 2 x 100 amp @ 480 volts
|• 6 separate battery banks
|• Heinen & Hopman Chilled water system, 35 tons at 50 Hz
|• 2 x Hydro-Electric Marine, 10,000 litre/day each
|• Quantum QC1500-ZS (Zero Speed)
|• Wesmar electric
|Fuel Separator & Filtration:
|• Alpha Laval
|• Hamann Chorine Dosing
|Fresh Water Filter:
|• 1 Harmesco carbon filter; 1 U.V. filter UV 41z-BE
|Fresh Water Maker:
|• 2 x Hydro Electric water makers (7,600 gallons per day)
COMMUNICATION, NAVIGATION & ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS
|• PANASONIC PBX VEXT Super hybrid with 32 extensions
|• 2 x Furuno
|• Intellian V100NX
|• Iridium LT 3100S GMDSS
|• 2 x Furuno X Band
|• C Plath
|• 6’’ Venus
|• Anschutz Norto - pilot
|• B&G 20/20 MFD
|• 2 x Simrad & 1 x Furuno
|• Transas Naisailor 4000
|• JRC NCR-300A
AV / IT
KVH Tracvision HD11
Peplin 310 balance router for WAN selection and routing
Ruckus wireless network with zone direct
Savant entertainment interface
Distributed Audio and Video
2 x Kaleidescape 3U (low profile) media servers onboard located in the Crew Mess and Wheelhouse.
The following areas have a Kaleidescape player, Denon receiver, iPod docking station and Savant control user interface:
The following areas have electric shades with integrated Savant controls:
GALLEY & LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
Main Galley Equipment
• Stove hood extractor – Custom stainless with fire extinguisher system
• 1 x MKN SpaceCombi Classic with Waveclean (New 2020)
• 1 x Miele H 2890 B Oven 90cm Black (New 2020)
• 2 x Miele KM 7465 FL Induction Cooktop Black
• 2 x commercial stainless steel
• 1 x Miele
Additional Galley Equipment
• 2 x Menu Master commercial microwave
• 1 x Wine rack refrigerator
• 1 x Antarctic Star 100 can mini fridge on aft deck
• Hoshizaki Ice Maker in skylounge
• Frigo Nautica Small stainless steel refrigerator on upper deck
• Lodige Dumbwaiter
• Insinkerator Garbage Disposal
Main Laundry Equipment:
• 3 x Miele professional washers (New 2021)
• 3 x Miele professional dryers (New 2021)
TENDERS & TOYS
• 18’ RIB tender
• Rock climbing wall
• Swimming pool with jellyfish net
• Floating party cabana
• King aqua lounger
• Beach picnic setup
• Snorkeling gear
• Fishing gear
• Gym equipment
|Anchor Windlass System:
|• 2 x Steen vertical electric
|Aft Warping Capstans:
|• 2 x Steen vertical electric
|• 2 x galvanized anchors 'Navy Stockless'; 1x emergency Danforth anchor
|• 2 x galvanized
|• 2 x Cramm 4000 lb. capacity hydraulic boat crane
|• Cramm hydraulic passarelle
|• Steel integrated into hull design with teak covering
SECURITY, FIRE FIGHTING & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
|• Panasonic Analog
|• 5 - port, stbd, mast, aft deck, engine room
Fire Fighting Equipment
|Fire Control System:
|• 4 x Automatic fire doors
|• Sea water with (9) fire hydrants around vessel
|Built in CO2:
|• Engine room and galley
|• 4 x 12-Man RFD Canister
|• 5 x life buoys (2 w/lights)
|• 2 x 406MHz EPIRBS with locator numbers – 1 x hydrostatic release
|• 1 x external defibrillator, 6 x first aid kits, 1 x stretcher, 3 x oxygen sets, 1 x neck brace
ACCOMMODATIONS AND LAYOUT
Accommodations are provided for 12 owners/guests in six staterooms, including an on‐deck owner’s suite with private Lounge. Crew quarters for 11 are arranged in five cabins, including an upper deck Captain’s Cabin.
Starting at the bow forward are the crew accommodations. Forward port and starboard are four nearly identical crew bunkrooms each with upper and lower berths. Each has a private head with toilet, vanity sink, and stall type shower. Aft of the crew accommodations is the crew lounge/galley area. All four cabins are outfitted with hanging lockers and built ‐ in drawer storage.
Adjacent to the crew lounge area is access to the laundry center as well as an additional set of stairs leading to the walk‐in refrigerator and walk‐in freezer. There are built‐in storage cabinets throughout this area.
Aft of the crew lounge is a stairwell leading up to the main deck.
The stairwell leading up to the crew main deck entrance is situated on the portside. Forward and outboard is stairwell access to the captain's cabin. Inboard of the foyer is a door to the main galley as well as a service passageway into the main salon area.
The captain's cabin is fitted with a double berth and a large hull side fixed window. There is a built‐in desk workstation, lounge area and a hanging locker. Inboard is a large private head with toilet, vanity sink, and shower. This cabin is well appointed and suitable for a couple.
The galley is finished with Stainless Steel countertops and work surfaces. There is a door out to the port side deck. Aft is a service door to the main salon. There are built‐in dry storage cabinets as well as access to the dumb waiter.
Starting all the way forward on the main deck level is the master suite. The master suite is accessed by a set of glass French doors from the starboard main entrance foyer. Inside the French doors is the master lounge. The lounge is furnished with a settee, built‐in storage cabinets, as well as ample book cases. To starboard there are large fixed hull side windows with electric blinds.
Passing through the lounge leads to the master stateroom suite. The suite is furnished with a king size berth facing aft from the forward bulkhead. To port and starboard are large walk‐in garment lockers, large hull side fixed windows with electric blinds and built in chest of drawers. On the aft bulkhead opposite the berth is an entertainment cabinet featuring a concealed flat screen television.
The master stateroom suite features a large head with double vanity sink, glass enclosed marble shower spa tub, separate toilet room and large hull side windows and electric blinds.
Moving aft of the master suite to the polished stone finished main entrance foyer is a day head with toilet and vanity sink.
The main entrance foyer is accessed by doors out to the starboard side main deck. Inboard from the main entrance foyer are stairways leading up to the sky lounge. Aft is an open passageway into the dining area and main salon.
The main salon and dining area have large fixed windows with electric blinds. There are built‐in polished stone top buffets. Forward is a dining area with formal dining table and seating for 12. Forward to port is a mirrored concealed door leading to the galley service entrance.
The dining area is separated from the common salon by an arched opening with teak pillars on each side.
The salon area is furnished with a sectional‐style sofa, loose armchair, and an oversized upholstered ottoman that doubles as a coffee table. Starboard to the sofa is an occasional table with three leather armchairs. Aft of the occasional table is the Salon AV cabinet, which houses the flat screen television and other AV related components.
The lower guest area is accessed via a curved stairway down from the starboard side salon area. In the port and starboard fore and aft corners of the foyer are entries into five guest staterooms and an additional crew laundry/prep room.
Three of the five guest staterooms feature a queen size berth, the fourth guest stateroom features a twin bed arrangement, and the fifth stateroom features a bunk arrangement with an upper Pullman berth. The four primary staterooms include twin nightstands with reading lamps.
Underneath each berth are storage drawers. The three queen guest staterooms have a desk with a loose chair. All the staterooms feature large hanging lockers as well as ensuite heads. The four primary staterooms have large marble top vanities with dual sinks, separate enclosed toilet rooms, marble finished showers with bench seats and frameless glass shower doors. The bunk room stateroom has a single basin sink with a stall style shower and frameless glass shower door.
The Skylounge is accessed via a curved stairwell located in the main foyer. The lounge features a sectional style sofa to starboard, entertainment center on the forward bulkhead, full bar to port as well as an occasional table with four upholstered armchairs just forward of the bar arrangement. A set of French doors leads to the wheel house as well as the captain's cabin.
Forward is a large whirlpool spa surrounded by sun pads. To port is a staircase to the bridge. Amidships is a large, teak dining table with seating for twelve. Outboard of the table is storage and wet bar. Aft on the sundeck are twin, built‐in seating areas outboard on each side and additional chaise lounges for sunning. There are electric and manual awnings for shade, dumb waiter access and side serving bars.
Aft are twin, U‐shaped dining/cocktail areas under the deck overhand with teak tables. Further aft is the tender storage. Forward is the Portuguese walk‐around bridge (all decking is finished in Teak).
The aft main deck features a large seating area that may be used as a dining or lounging area. The passerelle is to starboard and the swim platform access is from the port side. Forward on the main deck is a spacious seating area.
M/Y BIG EASY REFIT HISTORY
Two new Starlink maritime antennas installed
Two additional shackles of anchor chain installed on port anchor and on starboard anchor – an additional 180 feet of chain per anchor
Upgrade of AV and new TV’s installed throughout the boat
Complete rebuild of both cranes
New mounts on both main engines
2000-hour service on main engines
2000-hour service on both generators
Port and Starboard anchor windlass service
Service of shore power unit
Service of Sea Bobs, Jet Ski’s, Rescue Tender, 40-foot Intrepid tender
Aft guest foyer closet rebuilt with new shelving
20 Year class survey completed December 2021
Complete OVERHAUL of engines – 12 months of Warranty through 5/23
Av/IT savant system iPad controlled Bose speakers/ Kaleidescape
Overhauled Thrust Bearing
Brand New Stern Tubes
Running Gear pulled, balanced, prop speed applied – December
New Miele Washers and Dryers
Stabilizer pulled, balanced and hydraulics overhauled
Hull - Replaced steel plating and supports in anchor locker, bow section.
Anchor locker sandblasted and repainted
New – Refrigerator units Galley, Walk in freezer and fridge
Replaced Blackwater plumbing
Guest area LED overhead light refit
New Transformer – Shore Power Unit
New Heat Exchangers
Overhauled Steering System
Ceramic coating April 2022 with 18-month warranty
Teak Decks Refinished
Cranes re-cabled and hydraulics serviced
Passerelle serviced and computer board replaced
New paint on transom
Grey, Black water tanks polished
Fuel tanks coated
Newly refinished sundeck tables with new covers
New jacuzzi coping
New Sat Antenna
New Guest Mattresses
New Crew Mattresses
Watermakers newly serviced
New Water Heaters
New water intake manifold
Re-varnished cap rails
Lloyds 5-Year Survey
New A/SEA Converters
New carpet throughout
New headboards in all cabins
All new soft goods in all cabins
New wall treatments throughout
New sofas in main salon and skylounge
New table in main salon and skylounge
New dining chairs in dining salon
All new LED interior lighting from Savage
Top end overhaul main engines
Full new CARRIER a/c plant
New air handlers built of 316 stainless steel
New components, walk in fridge, freezer and galley fridge
Upgraded the main switch board from Analog to digital with touch display interface
DEIF Screen control
Refinish master stateroom and bathroom
New HD satellite dish
Upgrade Crestron A/V remotes
Lloyd's 10-year survey
Fully rebuilt cranes and Passerelle
Full paint job all hardware removed
New hot tub
Refinish main saloon and wheelhouse and wheelhouse floor
New wheelhouse console and all navigational equipment
Refinished all guest cabins and galley
Replaced all pumps engine room
New generators upgraded to 115kw from 99kw
New Shore power unit A-sea 150kva
Full paint job; all hardware removed
New Hamann sewage treatment plant
Lloyd’s five-year special survey
Major service main engines 7000 hours
Big Easy Palma Shipyard – Fall 2023
- Replaced leaking crankcase relief door.
- Replaced leaking fuel coolers.
- 1000-hour service on main engines. Added extender to coolant system.
- Replaced broken temp and pressure sensors on port and starboard gearbox.
- Stage 4 maintenance, change oil and replaced filter elements.
- We replaced the rod, filter elements, the oil in the system, changed all seals and wear parts.
- Service of steering pumps includes replacing faulty steering sensor and fixed leak on valve.
- Replaced the flexible coupling between the engine and the gearbox (20 years old).
- Replaced the flexible coupling between the gearbox and the shaft (20 years old).
- Vibration analysis on the sea trial confirmed that the propulsion system is rock solid. The vibration analysis guys were very impressed with the boat’s performance.
- Removed propellor and inspected it, found slight damage on the starboard propellor which was repaired.
- 2000-hour service.
- Tested engine shutdowns.
- Replaced leaking fuel hose on starboard engine.
- Remade pipework and bracketry and replaced vibration mounts on both compressors to reduce noise from the compressor.
- Serviced the small compressor.
- Replaced the gas and oil in both units.
- Reprogrammed the frequency drives so the compressors now have full range of speeds improving the chillers’ ability to control the temperatures in the boat.
- We cleaned the ductwork in the crew area and the guest area.
AHU1 (guest) and AHU2 (crew) fan upgrade
- AHU1 (Guest) and AHU2 (Crew) were delivering 74% and 64% of the designed air volume. We upgraded the fans and motor and are now at 120% and 115% of the designed air at the outlets we could measure.
AHU1, AHU2 and AHU3 coil cleaning
- Replaced the broken bridge FCUs with new larger capacity units. Changed the system from recirculating air to fresh air make up units.
- Replaced the flexible ductwork.
- We overhauled the following engine pumps:
- Grey water fwd
- Grey water aft
- Black water
- Fuel transfer pump
- Day tank transfer pump
- Dirty oil pump
- Clean oil pump
- The fuel transfer pump was replaced.
- Engine room tank top cleaned.
- The seawater system circulated with mild acid wash.
- Numerous engine room seawater valves needed to be overhauled/ replaced.
This shore power unit was serviced.
- Full service of water makers including low-pressure and high-pressure pumps, 4 new membranes, replacement of various broken ancillary items such as selector valve, collapsed sand filter, etc.
- Super chlorination of freshwater system.
Stablisers and Hydraulic Power pack
- 8000-hour service of the stabilizer fins, fins removed all tolerances checked all bearings checked hoses replaced, etc.
- Replacement of stabilizer electrical control module.
- Overhaul of both hydraulic pumps.
- All new pumps, blowers, jets, drain valve etc.
- Replaced control panel and electrical panel.
- Bottom anti foul paint renewed.
- All anodes replaced.
- Props painted with prop-speed.
- Sundeck chairs stripped and revarnished.
- Winch modification to allow brake to fully open.
- Swim ladder modification so guests can properly climb out the water.
- Fabricated new scatter cushion covers.
- Replaced kinked cable and load tested.
- Rewired electrical controllers to get the light working (a Lloyds requirement).
- New crew carpets, drinking water tap and filters (no more crew bottled water), dishwasher.
- Recorked all showers.
- Replaced all door stops.
- Replaced door handles throughout.
- Serviced all interior washing machines.
- Socket installation for crew mess dishwasher and chilled water.
- New socket installed on aft deck for karaoke, smoke machine for aft deck parties, etc.
- New UV water system installed.
- New guest area lights.
- Annual service of safety equipment.
- Replaced firemen torches.
- Replaced BA sets.
- EPIRB and life raft service.
- Fire extinguishers, life jackets, etc.
- Serviced Dive compressor.
- Serviced galley equipment.
- Installed dedicated softener on galley steam oven.
- Cleaned galley extract ductwork.
- Air dryer for compressed air system repaired.
- Fixed auto drain on ships horn air bottle.
- Oily water separator seawater pump repaired.
- 2-year service on the fuel purifier, replaced hoses and fittings.
Tender and Toys
- Yearly service of both tenders, engine maintenance, fixed electrical issues on Lil Easy. Anti-foul on Lil Easy. Repaired damage to upholstery, repaired bow thrustor.
- Serviced rescue tender and replaced the engine lift.
- Repaired leaking seam on steps.
- Repaired leak on starboard pontoon.
- Jet ski and SeaBob service.
- Gyro service, radar service, radio service.
- New magnetic compass and the new compass swung by a compass tech and created a new deviation card.